Version 3.8.121 released
You can download the version under http://sourceforge.net/projects/myjaphoo/files/3.8.121/.
The new version 3.8 contains a nice new feature for quickly filtering data without knowledge of the underlying filter language. This makes it much easier to work with filters. You can now simply add a “brick” for a identifier e.g. for dir, tag, exif-tags, etc, and then simply choose the value to filter from a combobox.
Of course it has not the full power of the filter language, but in most cases this is enough to quickly filter and browse the data, and this all without deeper knowledge of the language itself in detail. The filter bricks get combined with the regular filter expression using a logical “and”. So you can combine simple filter tasks and sophisticated filtering within the filter editor.
A bookmark will now also save the status of the filter bricks.
Show ability of external tools
There is now also a visual to direct show all configured external tools. This way you see, if all necessary tools like VLC, mplayer, etc. is properly configured for myjaphoo.
Minor changes to user interface
There are slightly changes and fixes to the user interface. E.g. the properties panel is now on the right side. Information that is displayed here may also contain hyperlinks to open file explorer or a new view filtered by the hyperlink value.
The groovy command language is integrated in a more consolidated way. It contains now commands to manipulate the database entities. The main purpose for this is the ability to apply batch update scripts if there is a need to re-structure database content.
Bug fixes and smaller changes
- fix: escape the filtered object value from identifier filter bricks
- simple hotfix to prevent race conditions that happen in the message tree model
- fixed problem with thumb height, not respecting the additional size for the label text
- reworked look and feel selection; now possible via menu; – fix bread crumbs: showing root handles, otherwise the root handles will not be shown by some plafs
- using horizontal layout to fix layout problems in other plafs
- using the shape gradient docking theme for infonode docking windows
- fixed regex NPE problems
- tray icon: updates bookmark menus when bookmarks change
- chronic table updates now, if a new chronic gets added
- show execution errors of filtering in the errors panel
- throw a parser exception if regular expression parsing fails
- fix: re-throw error on update
- added css for UL lists to make it a bit nicer
- show context menus to play movies only when movies are selected in the context
- moved properties panel to the right side; seems to make more sense
- showing hyperlinks in properties panel, too;
- fix: really fail during refresh process with exception to prevent subsequent errors that occur when the ui tries to update an invalid model
- fixed problems with desctruction of movie node
- synonym operator “~” for regex
- html links to open directory of a node
- links in html for tags and metatags that open a new view when clicked on
- simple groovy shell panel added (not as functional as groovy console, but maybe usable to set up simple commands
- fix: make regex case insensitiv in filter language
- showing system properties in separate view instead as subtab in info view; using a table instead of tree, this makes searches/filtering easier
Download the new version under http://sourceforge.net/projects/myjaphoo/files/3.7.105/
Starting with the version 3.7 the application needs now a java 7 runtime. Please be sure that you have java 7 installed before you try to update to 3.7.
- Direct switch to another database from the user menu
- Divided preferences in some which are related to a specific database and therefore saved in the database and others which are system wide.
- Library updates, e.g. update to hibernate 4.1
- changed code to use slf4j instead of directly calling log4j
- Thumb nail creation under Windows fixed. Tools and methods to create thumbnails consolidated. Different providers could be chosen for thumbnail and movie info generation.
- Fixed tag proposal grouper
- fix: missing shortcut for uninstallation on windows
Version 3.6.103 has been released under http://sourceforge.net/projects/myjaphoo/files/3.6.103/.
Better Auto Completion in Filter Editor and Grouping Editor
- The auto completion in filter and grouping editor reacts now more on the context of the inputted text. The completions propose now also tag names, metatag names, path fragments, comments, title or any exif tag content. This makes it much more powerful in helping to complete an expression.
- The proposed completions for tags and meta tags do also show a preview thumb in the completion window.
- The proposed completions take now all completions into account which partially match the already typed in word.
Advanced Compare Function to compare different databases
The database compare function delivers now detailed information about the differences of attributes. A simple function to merge the changes into the database is also added.
A File view is added which shows the file system. This has been introduced to remove the old weird function to combine media tree and files in the same widget. The newly introduced file view has currently two functions:
- select a directory directly to import media files
- show all media files in the file view marked with colors
- Sorting in the Movie Tree is faster
- Easier variable substitution (using $variablename)
- Validation of database edit dialog (name field)
- documentation uses now wiki. no more pdf bundled with the application.
- color mode is now available in all three thumb tabs
- structure nodes do now show the grouping expression rather then the grouping dim; this way all sorts of expressions are shown in the entry tree view where in the past only the word “vgroupyielding” was displayed
- heap indicator text: showing also the max mem
- additional thumb pictures can be added manually
- calculation of checksums can be suppressed in the preferences
list of fixes: http://issues.myjaphoo.de/thebuggenie/myjaphoo/issues/find/saved_search/1/search/1
- using maven for the project
A Hot fix version has been released!
Please update existing 3.5 releases with this one, as in 3.5.94 there are some bugs when using a new created database: you are not able to get a context menu and you can not create tags.
Download the version under http://sourceforge.net/projects/myjaphoo/files/3.5.95/
Version 3.5 has released with some small improvements and bug fixes.
- fixed movie node selection: the selection in the movie tree got always “lost” when selecting a bookmark or chronic entry.
- added some icons to context menu actions (delete, remove, tag, copy, play actions)
- bookmarks and chronic saves now also the selected tab of the thumb panel
- reworked Breadcrumbbar, “Last actions” bar, and also the Bookmark bar to properly show all items if screen is too small.
- added some more fancy autocompletion stuff
- new filter language functions: strlen
- new commands to open and edit movie entries via the java desktop api: this will use the program which is defined by the file type in the underlying OS to open or edit the file.
- new rsyntax text area verions 2.0.3
- reworked filter panel and filter error panel: error panel now properly shows error of filter and/or group by panel as a tree list of errors.
- Filter panel is now a separate view (which could be moved, resized, tabbed as all other views)
- new swingx 1.6.4
- new operator <>
You can download the latest version under https://sourceforge.net/projects/myjaphoo/files/3.5.94/
Support of Java 6
Hi Everybody out there,
I am currently investigating to move forward to Java7 as requirement for myjaphoo. If it makes sense I would start beginning with version 3.6 of myjaphoo to develop and explicitley use features from Java 7, and therefore end support for Java6.. Following points make me come to the decision:
- Java 6 EOL date is terminated at November 2012, which means the support for the users ends anyway soon
- for desktop applications it is not really critical to install a new java runtime. So it should be fairly easy for all users to move to Java7
- Java7 brings some new functionality and hopefully also a bit performance improvements which could be interesting: this include the new java.nio file handling which is said to be faster; Watchservice to watch changes on files and directories could be also a interesting feature for usage in myjaphoo.
I am really interested in hearing your comments.
A new maintenance version has been released!
Download under http://sourceforge.net/projects/myjaphoo/files/3.4.92/
List of bug fixes:
- minimal fix to start up the application, if a user defined database connection is not available, or not properly configured.
In that case, the application shows an error dialog, and after that tries to startup with the default database configuration.
- fix: db comparison german translations where mixed up
- fix: made ui refresh differenziate between full refreshs of all views or only refresh of movie and thumb view (which is most of the time enough)
- fix: do not update full tag or metatag tree, if change events, such as assignements, newly added tags or metatags, deletion of tags and metatags happens
- fix: do not update full tag tree, if a new tag is added
- fix: do not update the full tag tree after assigning a tag to a movie; using finer event mechanism which updates only the changed nodes, without fully rebuilding the tag tree
- added some log messages
- added toString method for debugging
- removed unused Observer base class
- added some logging information
- refactored: finder level of event handling when db objects change
- fix: added submenu for exif identifiers in the info help button
- fix: use id for database configurations; fixed problem when refreshing the database configuration table
- fix: the compare database menu has not been updated, if database connections have been added or changed
- nicer: show crc checksum in hex
- fixed FS#117: nullpointer exception when else part is empty and check for tag/metatag is needed
- fix: removed unneccessary separator
- fix: metatags could not be edited in the metatag tree
- fixed tool tip descriptions
- fixed abbreviation of file names for thumbnails (thanks to nice26 for submitting this fix)
Support for Oracle, MySQL, Postgres and H2
This version supports now a view other database vendors. You can configure additional database connections and use them as main database for the application or for usage with the database comparison function.
There is also a simple function integrated to copy over the data from one database to another. This is great if you want to decide to switch your database vendor and port your existing data.
The Thumbnail view and the Stripes view can now display “cards” of the thumbs where some additional information gets displayed at the right side of each thumbnail.
List of all bug fixes and improvements
- new: icon for tags & metatags
- fix: showing roothandles for structure combination pop up tree; in some plafs this is needed
- fix: set backgroundcolor for taskpanecontainer to make it a bit nicer for other plafs
- fix: the background color for thumbnails can now be set explicit (or not set); this makes it nicer when having other plafs activated to fit into the color scheme
- new nimrod version + preferences to select one of the predefined nimrod themes
- fixed drag&drop problem; refactoring of “old” code which was for tables… one part was missing…
- fix: key “r” changed to alt-r
- fix: abbreviating the names of thumbs to preventing the text to flow to a second row which gets not displayed properly. The name now also is not formatted anymore with additional information, as this gets displayed entirely with overlay icons within the thumb
- icon for condensed files
- fixed problem with keyboard shortcuts: “a”, “d”, “n” changed to alt-a, alt-d, alt-n, because they collided with the jlist feature to jump to the first entry with the given letter
- previewpanel shows now preview picture, if one single movie node gets selected in the movie tree
- i18n for ImportWithActorsSwingWorker
- fix: i18n for TokenTree
- fix: i18n for ChangeLogType
- fix: prevent concurrent modification exceptions
- fix: selection stripes are 6 px thick now…
- first simple app icon added: copied from openclipart.org
- new: polaroid icon for non existing thumbs displayed
- new: show tray icon message when long taking tasks are finished (longer than 5 s)
- localisation for database comparison class; for en and de
- new: simple thumb card view added; card view for both regular thumb view and stripe view selectable
- set homepage link to myjaphoo.de
- changed menu layout: organized more experimental functions into a menu “Experimental”
- new: comparison with database uses now one of the defined database connections; is therefore possible for any of the supported databases
- using submenu for new view in the tray icon
- new: showing database connection url in Info Panel
- new: the tray icon has now menus to open a new view defined by a bookmark
- emphasises message method added to channel model; to inform about important messages
- export function: expermimental function to export all data to another database
- experimental support for h2; h2 driver added to package
- showing icon as feedback if driver is available; button to test database connection added
- fix: message dialog was an options dialog instead…
- added preferences to use one of the defined database configurations as database for startup
- refactored code to use now DatabaseConfiguration objects to access databases
- database connection edit dialog added
- new view for databaseconfiguration added
- database configuration + driver parameter + default parameter value definition
- basic driver and parameter definition classes added
- basic abstractions for database connection parameter; used now also by the comparison database code
- Heapindicator shows now current usedsize of size instead of only a percent value
- new feature: Bookmark- Changelog- and Chronictable have now table filters to filter the content
- added tablefilter-swing library v.4.3.0 from coderrazzi
- fixed some problems with braces and operators; brace nesting was not on term parsing level
- fixed some problems with braces and operators
- fix: installation: the windows link for the starter.jar has not worked;
- now there are only links for starting via the start.jar rather than links to run.bat and run.sh.
- new: code completion now shows a summary part that shows some additional information
- bugfix: fixed bug in regextract function; did only work properly if pattern was found at the beginning of a string
This new version has the following improvements:
- Autocompletion with Ctr-Space in the Filter Editor, Group By Editor and Bookmark-Table-Editing
- Function to update a saved bookmark
- reworked filer & grouping: works now as expected from sql databases when dealing with relations to tags and metatags
- redesigned the group by panel: it consists now only of the free text panel; the predefined groupings and combinations are changed to popup buttons; this gives a bit more place in the ui and it more concise
- added german localisation
- actions work now more in parallel: e.g. it is possible to copy files and meanwhile continue to browse the collection
- messages view which shows the status of actions
- reworked the thumb grid view: size changes let the cells automatically “float” with respect to the changed size; Selection is now as expected from other programs: could select multiple ranges and also individual cells with shift and ctrl key.
This release contains a bug fix for
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/myjaphoo/view.php?id=3 regarding the preferences handling, as well as some smaller bugfixes and small changes.
Wish you all a Merry Chrismas out there!