Do you have a huge photo or video collection? You have problems to overview the masses of media on your local drives? You have tried out several other Photo Manager software, but none of them is comfortable enough for your needs? When you have all those problems you should give MyJaPhoO a chance. MyJaPhoO is a photo manager application to organize large photo or video collections. It has some unique features which are not found in other photo manager software.
- platform independent: MyJaPhoO is programmed in Java and can therefor run on any computer platform that supports Java (e.g. Windows, Linux, MacOs, Unix…). The platform independancy goes also the the datafiles used by MyJaPhoO. The internal database used by MyJaPhoO could be moved between different systems (e.g. Windows and Linux) or e.g. an installation could be used on a dual boot system.
- unique filter and group functions: Most photo organizer have simple and limited functions to search for and group by some predefined categories. MyJaPhoO is able to filter by any attribute of a media file. It can group the result by any expression derived by attributes. The flexibility goes near the usage of a sql database tool – but without introducing the complexity of such a tool.
- sql database: MyJaPhoO uses internally a sql database to save all additional information for media files. Its also possible to use multiple databases. MyJaPhoO supports Apache Derby, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres and H2.
- open source: The software is open source and free for usage and redestribution. You are also invited to work on the development of MyJaPhoO.
- handles thousands of media files
- check out full feature list
Unfortunatly it has also some drawbacks:
- currently it can only handle picture files which are directly supported by the Java Runtime System. Means, PNG, JPEG, BMP, GIF
- the documentation is not complete
- compared to other photo manager there are sure many functions missing. Tell me what you need, and we will see how we could integrate it.